Manual manipulation of the spine and other joints in the body has been mentioned since 1500 BC in Chinese and Greek writing. Hippocrates, published a text detailing the importance of manual manipulation and the role of the spine in diagnosing and treating illness.
The official beginning of “modern” chiropractic dates back to 1895 when the Pickering, Ontario born D.D. Palmer began to define the profession. Palmer developed the theory that the misalignment of the bones in the body was the basic underlying cause of all “dis-ease” and the majority of these misalignments were in the spinal column. Throughout the twentieth century, the profession has gained considerable recognition and scientific support to validate these theories.
At Harmony Chiropractic & Wellness Clinic, patients will find a very holistic, evidence biased and natural approach to healthcare. Harmony Chiropractic & Wellness Clinic offers many services and programs such as:
Athletic Injuries and Support
Back & Neck Pain, Headaches & Migraines
Exercise, Stress & Nutritional Support
Family Wellness Programs
Geriatric Chiropractic Care
Registered Massage Therapy Kelowna
We also offer other modalities, including:
- Interferential current (IFC)
- Ultrasound therapy, combination therapy, microcurrent therapy, TENs therapy, etc.
- Soft tissue techniques, such as Myofascial release technique (MRT), Graston Technique, Taping and more.
Reasons to take your child to a chiropractor
- To encourage good brain and nerve development
- To help support overall health and wellbeing
- To help strengthen their immune systems
- To help with asthma, allergies and breathing difficulties
- To help with Colic and Irritable baby syndrome
- To help with posture
- To help assist with behavioral disorders
- To help with concentration
- To help ease discomfort associated with digestive problems.
- To help the child’s body learn how to heal naturally