Hip & Wrist Pain
What does all physical pain have in common? It causes discomfort to a patient. Pain can happen anywhere in your body, with some types of pain occurring at the ball-and-socket joints. The hip is a true ball-and-socket joint along with the shoulder, while the wrist is a modified ball-and-socket joint. Why does pain happen in your hips and wrists? And what can you do to combat it?
The underlying causes of hip and wrist pain can sometimes be determined by the precise location. Hip pain is a common pain that can be caused by lots of different things, and problems with the hip joint itself can result in pain in other areas of your body such as your groin. If the pain is on the outside of your hip or on your upper thigh, the pain might be coming from muscles or ligaments. The reason behind your wrist pain can be somewhat difficult to uncover, but the kind of pain you are experiencing (sharp, dull, achy) can be a clue.
The causes of Hip Pain are:
- Arthritis – there are multiple types of arthritis that can affect the hip, with one being osteoarthritis. This can affect the hip joint when the cartilage that helps the hip move wears away. The risk factors of Osteoarthritis are such as older age and obesity.
- Injury – some common injuries of the hip include bursitis and sprains, although there are many other types of injuries. The treatment for these will vary depending on the type and severity of the injury.
- Pinched nerves – a lot of pain is caused by pressure on the sciatic nerve, also called sciatica.
What’s Causing My Wrist Pain?
Causes of wrist pain include:
- Wrist sprain – this occurs when the ligaments in the wrist are stretched beyond their normal range of motion. Symptoms of a wrist sprain include joint swelling, bruising, and discolouration.
- Arthritis – just like the hip joint, arthritis also affects the wrist joint. Rheumatoid arthritis affects wrist joints, which is described as an autoimmune disorder that causes your immune system to attack the tissues in your body.
How Can a Chiropractor Help With Hip and Wrist Pain?
Dr. Harmony Mir can manipulate the joints of the wrist and hip to increase mobility and decrease pain. She utilizes many chiropractic techniques and incorporates massage into her treatments as well. The massage occurs before the adjustment or mobilization, with the two working together to provide relief to the patient.